Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling Overwhelmed

As another holiday approaches, I confess to feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Getting the house ready, cleaning the house for company, etc. just seems to be a bit much this year.  Don't know if it's the menopause dragging me down a bit or I just set expectations too high for myself.

I know I don't need a huge menu.  I know my friends and family don't care if the house is spotless.  So why do I and millions of other women put the pressure on ourselves that everything has to be perfect?  Is it societal?  Is it the way we were raised?

It's rare lately that I have both my sons in the house at the same time.  I want to savor this moment not be stuck in the kitchen all day.  Maybe I can find a happy medium.

What are your solutions to holiday stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest