Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Memories

Today is National Grilled Cheese Day.  One of my favorite memories from my childhood is being at my aunt's home for the day and her making me grilled cheese sandwiches.  They were always made with Wonder Bread, and my aunt always let me get away with not eating the crusts!  They were always cut on the diagonal and they were always the best grilled cheese ever!!

To this day, I still cut my grilled cheese on the diagonal.  For some reason, I don't cut any other sandwich that way...just my grilled cheese.  And I still don't eat the crust!

Isn't it funny how the littlest thing from your childhood can leave an impression that lasts decades later and actually influences how you do something?  What do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest