Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 Tips for Your E-Reader

The tips below apply to either your Nook or your Kindle.  I don't know too much about the Sony or Kobo e-readers.  And if you follow my blog, you know my husband is already looking for a rehab for gadget junkies.  If I added a third or fourth e-reader to my inventory, I think it might send him over the edge!!

Tip 1:  Get a case!!  It will protect your screen when you toss it in your purse as you head out the door.  And just in general, to save it from having anything spilled, etc. on it.

Tip 2:  Get a booklight!!  If your case doesn't have a built-in light...invest a couple of bucks in a booklight you can clip on to the case.  For some reason, husbands don't much appreciate the overhead light on at midnight just so you can read!

Tip 3:  Use electronic wipes to clean your screen.  They are specially made for screens and are the safest to use.  If you're anything like me, you like to read while you eat...and those darn buffalo wings!!

Tip 4:  Turn off the Wi-Fi!!  If you are not actively downloading books, turn off your Wi-Fi.  It will extend the life of your battery charge.

Tip 5:  Never lend your e-reader!!!  Think of how addicted you are to it...do you honestly believe you'll get it back??

I hope these hints were helpful.  Gotta go....there's more free books on Amazon and B&N!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest