Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cotton Candy Friends

Picture eating cotton candy.  You know how when you put a piece in your mouth, it just dissolves away on your tongue?  Now compare that to your friends.  Are there those that when you are in need, they just seem to dissolve away?  If you're like me you probably have some and you also have a core group of friends that you know will be there no matter what.

So how do you deal with cotton candy friends?  It's pretty much a matter of choice.  I personally chose to accept them for what they are...what our grandparents called "fair weather" friends.  I realize that that is the extent of their friendship and I know not to expect any better from them.  Others may chose to eliminate those people from their lives.  Both are valid choices, just a matter of your own expectations.

Now think on your own interactions.  Are you a cotton candy friend?  Are you there when someone needs a shoulder to lean on?  When they want to talk, do you lend an ear?  I try very hard to be a good friend and admittedly, sometimes it stretches me pretty thin.  But in this phase of my life, I have learned the value of friends and work at being a good one.  My hope and wish is that my friends would say the same.

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest