Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Time Alone

Later this month, my husband is scheduled to be out of town for training.  I'm looking forward to his trip and always do when he travels.  Why?  Because it's me time...just me.

For this trip, I have scheduled a pizza and movie night with a friend, but other than that night...I'm purposely leaving the calendar empty.  I look forward to not having to have dinner on the table at a specific time.  I relish the thought of sole control of the remote!  I get to indulge myself with the foods Hubby hates without guilt!  Heck, I don't even have to share the attention from the dogs!

At the same time, I'm glad the trip is only a few days.  While the time alone is precious, I'm always ecstatic when he gets back home.  There is truth to the old saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".  Of course, as soon as he gets home, our calendar is packed once again.  

So we'll both enjoy our little escape from the day to day routine.  And that's the way it should be!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest