Friday, October 7, 2011

And The Nominees Are...

Wow!!  What a way to wake up this morning...to find that I'd been nominated for a Liebster award!  A huge THANK YOU to Darian Wilk for nominating me!  Darian is an incredible writer who, besides her blog Crazy Lady With A Pen, just received the first copy of her book Love Unfinished.  I am so proud of her accomplishment!!

So what exactly is a Liebster award?  In German, the word "Liebster" means beloved, favorite, preferred above others.  It's given by a blogger to 5 blogs with under 200 followers.  The goal is to bring attention to these blogs, which is well-deserved.

Now on to the rules.

1.  Show your appreciation to the blogger who nominated you with a linkback.

2.  Post your own top 5 picks.  Post a comment on their blog so they know about their award!

3.  Post the award on your blog, tweet it, post on your fan page if you have one.  Get the word out about these great bloggers!

4.  Celebrate your award!! Remember the definition above of "Liebster"?  The fact that you've received one means someone thinks those exact things about YOU!

So without further ado...The envelope, please...

And the winners are:

1.  Red Mojo Mama  A blogger and writer who recently held a sale of her books with proceeds benefitting the Wounded Warriors.  A blogger with a huge heart!!

2.  Lisa Dickie  An entrepreneur with a fantastic clothing line, Coy Clothes, her personal blog makes me smile!

3.  Pumped on Caffeine  A blogger in my same age range...a heart of gold, a sense of humor..;.You'll love her!

4.  Confessions of a Fat Woman  One of my favorite authors on the planet!  Her book,  Veiled Eyes, had me fascinated from beginning to end!

5.  Crazy Lady With A Pen  Yes, I know she nominated me...but I adore her blog and there isn't anything in the rules that say I can't nominate her!!

6.  Starting Over, Over 50  Ok...I know the rules said 5...but I've never been known for following the rules! This blog is written by a dear friend and he's a newbie.  Actually, in the blogger world, he's a newborn!!  Seriously...he's only two days old!!

So check out these deserving blogs!  Remember...even if you're a blogger with thousands of followers...we all had that first day when our only thought upon posting was "Please, Lord!  Let at least one person read this!"

With tons of love,

Jerri

2 comments:

  1. Great news! - Lisa Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! I'm totally thrilled! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest