Wednesday, October 5, 2011

e-Overload!!

Last night, I settled in with my laptop.  I had a couple Twitter parties I was attending and I figured I could catch some TV in between my tweets.  Wrong!!

Before I knew it, I was in full e-overload!  Attending two Twitter parties simultaneously is enough to make your head spin.  Throw in two chat boxes popping up on Facebook, texts coming in on my phone, and my email dinging with new emails every two seconds and I didn't know if I was coming or going!  Luckily, I had remembered to set Skype to "Do Not Disturb" or I would have gotten a call there too!

When did I become so connected that I can't even keep up?  Is it my own inability to say no to my friends when they want me?  But what if they don't just want me, they actually need me?

Or is it not just me?  Have we as a culture become so wired that we've eliminated downtime?   I didn't even make it through this blog post without pausing to answer a response on Facebook, check my email, and answer my phone.

So is it multi-tasking or overload?  Maybe I need to shut down for a bit.  But what if someone needs me?

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I sometimes get into Twitter convos and am like whoa, whoa, whoa! I can't keep up! And I'm eternally behind on personal email. Then my Hubby is sitting on the couch across the room looking like a neglected puppy. I need an e-Me. Someone to handle the electronic demands while I enjoy people IRL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's perfect!! An e-Me!!! I need one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun,

    Just wanted to let you know really quick that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://crazyladywithapen.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest