Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Extra Empty

For some reason, my nest is feeling extra empty today.  I've been wandering around the house, unsure as to how to start my day.  These kind of days are when I miss my kids the most.  If they were here, there would be places I needed to be, schedules to be kept, and bottomless pits to keep fed.

It's extra quiet today.  Even my whole neighborhood is quiet!  The dogs are asleep and it sounds like there's no one else in the world.  If the kids were here, there would be televisions on all over the house, video games on at least one of them, and frequent shouts and laughter.  And don't forget the "I'm hungry!".

But I won't linger today on what's not here.  I'll sit and enjoy my coffee in the quiet.  I'll use the peace to read a book.  I'll cuddle with my dogs (when they wake up!).  After all, it won't be long before Hubby walks through the door with an "I'm hungry!".

Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest