Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Most Hated Word...The Fallout

Yesterday's post addressed my own, personal most hated word.  It dealt with the changes I felt that I needed to make to fully live this new phase of my life.  Or at least that was my intention when I wrote it.

Somehow, certain individuals made it all about them.  Was it that they recognized themselves?  Or was it just an assumption on their part that it was aimed at them?  It escalated, got nasty, and third parties with virtually no personal knowledge about me or my life thought it appropriate to opine on the subject.

So, here's a clue.  IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!  These were my thoughts, my opinions, and the changes I felt I need to make to better MY life.

If you do believe you recognized yourself, maybe it might be a good idea to take a look in the mirror.  Are there actions you've taken that would invoke such a reaction on my part?  Or is it obviously easier to just use it as a platform to attack?

"Should" remains my most hated word.  But after the last 24 hours, I'm seriously considering that my tree of life SHOULD be pruned.

And those are my random thoughts this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest