Monday, October 24, 2011

You Can't Be Too Pink

There is pink everywhere this month.  You can get pink labeled water, yogurt, pens, garden tools, etc.  Actually, if it's even remotely marketable to women, it comes in pink during October.  And I love each and every item I see.

Why?  Because if even one penny from my purchase goes to research to stop this insidious disease, it's worth it to me.  I've already lost my best friend to breast cancer, had three other friends survive it, and made it through a lumpectomy myself.  This disease targets women in 99% of all cases.  And the one percent of men diagnosed have an even harder time as there seems to be a stigma attached for them.

As you go shopping this month, you have a choice.  You can buy a case of your regular bottled water or grab the case with the pink label.  You can get your usual yogurt or choose the one with the pink ribbon.  Please, for the sake of your mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends...choose pink!

On a completely personal note, I will be again participating in Austin's Race for the Cure on November 13.  If you are looking for someone to support in a race, I would greatly appreciate it!!  You can sponsor me at this link:  Jerri's Donation Page .

Love,
Jerri

2 comments:

  1. Great post, and I too am a pink top yogurt buyer for all the women in my family affected by cancer. I've done a lot of reading recently, and you being a fellow 'think pink' supporter I thought I should pass this on. It's all about how many companies are exploiting the 'think pink' to increase profits. Many of them are using chemicals that can actually cause cancer! http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I hadn't realized that!!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest