Thursday, November 10, 2011

For Wonderful Women

On this upcoming Sunday, I will be participating in the Austin Race for the Cure.  I'm participating not only as a survivor but for those I've lost and those who've fought and won.

To my best friend Judy:  I miss you each and every day.  I hate that this disease took you away from me.  I still pick up things while I'm shopping, thinking how much you would love it...only to realize I have no one to buy it for and put it back on the shelf.  I wear the dress you made me and feel your love all around me.  I know you're watching over me and I only hope I make you proud.

To Jessie, Janet, and Tracey:  You are all incredible women.  Your strength is an inspiration to all.  I, and all who know you, are blessed to have you in our lives.  Whether as wives, mothers, sisters, friends...you are the best of that precious thing...a survivor.  You are beautiful and I am honored and proud to wear your names on my tag as I walk on Sunday.

With love in my heart, I walk for all the wonderful women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest