Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Homemade Christmas

Along with millions of other, Christmas will be a tad tight around our nest this year.  I've been digging through my craft supplies and recipes for ideas for gifts.

I've given homemade gifts in the past and have always felt guilty about doing so.  I hate that I can't always afford the latest and greatest for my friends and family.  And I've also received my share of verbal smackdowns for feeling that way!!

What I've learned?  When you give a homemade gift, you are also giving yourself.  You are telling the recipient "Here is my time.  Here is my talent.  Here is my love."  That is the true gift you are giving, regardless of the value.

I've resolved this year that there will be no guilt and no apologies.  Whatever the gift I give, it is presented with all my love and the meaning of the holiday.  Now I better get my butt to work!!!

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest