Monday, November 21, 2011

My Friend List

I was looking at my friend list on Facebook the other day and realized I am incredibly blessed.  I have a large number of friends that I have known for over 30 years.  I'm not referring to those friends such as my mom...because obviously she's known me the longest!

I am referring to the friends with whom I went to grade school.  Yes, grade school.  We're still alive and kicking!!  I attended a Lutheran grade school with an 8th grade graduating class of all of 17 kids!  I actually play Words with Friends on a daily basis with one of my classmates.

I am referring to the friends with whom I went to high school.  A small town high school, I was fortunate last year to attend my 30 year reunion and reconnect with friends.  As I now live in Texas, it was a treat to return to Wisconsin!

I am referring to the friends with whom I served in the Air Force.  I entered the Air Force at age 17 and the experience played a huge role in shaping who I have become.  I count these friends as some of the best friends I have ever had or will have in my life.

And by no means am I discounting more recent friends.  Former co-workers who bring laughter to my life on a daily basis.  Bloggers I've admired who've moved beyond co-bloggers to personal friends.  People I've met through mutual friends who have become near and dear to my heart.

If you're feeling a little down...look around.  Look at your profile on Facebook, Google Plus, BlogHer, The BlogFrog, LinkedIn, MySpace.  Every friend is a blessing.

And those are my random thoughts this morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest