Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Refreshingly Polite

This morning I had an appointment downtown.  For my own sanity, I took the bus rather than brave the horrible traffic.  And I was lucky enough to witness a heartwarming event.

As I climbed the bus steps, I bade the driver "Good Morning!".  I was appreciative of the fact I didn't need to drive!  But as I took my seat and enjoyed the ride, I noticed something.  Every single person getting on the bus this morning told the driver good morning.  And every single one said "Thank you" as they exited at their stop.

Now, it seems like just a little thing, but it's one of those little things that really count.  We get so busy and so caught up in our fast-paced lives that the simplest of courtesies fall by the wayside.  To hear so many people observe that courtesy on just a regular Wednesday morning did my heart and soul a world of good.

So many today lament the fate of humanity.  But doesn't what happened this morning say that there is still so much good in the world.  Just a few simple words can remind you that people still care enough to say "Thank you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest