Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lack of Sleep

Last night, I had something weighing heavily on my heart and mind.  I had hoped to be asleep by 10 but watched the hours go by until after 2 a.m..

Then here came 6 a.m., and I'm wide awake and still in the same state.  Add in a headache from lack of sleep and a stomachache from worry and I'm a total mess!

The sad part?  The issue isn't something that should be worrying me.  Logically, I should be able to let it go and move on.  But I'm a woman and frequently emotion overrides logic.

So how do I let it go?  How do I trust and not fear?  At the moment, I'll admit I'm stuck.  Even though my head knows better, my heart hurts.  When you're in such a state, every past hurt, every insecurity, and every old fear rears their respective heads.

My plan?  I'm going to fake it till I make it.  I'm going to trust and believe.  I'm going to put a smile on my face and keep moving.  My head knows my worries are silly...I'm going to listen to my head.  Or I'm going to do my best to try, anyways.

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

2 comments:

  1. It's SO hard to pysche yourself out of worrying.. I'm a chronic worrying. Awlays wiating for things to happen that might never happen at all. What a waste of energy! I empathaize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sandra! It helps to know I'm not alone!!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest