Friday, April 27, 2012

Frugal Fitness

Let's start with a disclaimer.  I hate to exercise.  I also don't trust people that say they love it.  It takes time, it hurts, and results are too slow.  I'd rather curl up with my dogs and read a book.  Unfortunately, it's sometimes a necessary evil.  I refuse to pay for something I hate so here are a couple of tips for frugal fitness.

1.  Go for a walk.  Explore your neighborhood.  Drive downtown, park and explore your city from the sidewalk.  Go to a local park and walk on the trails.

2.  Play with your dogs.  Think that's not a workout?  Throw that tennis ball a hundred times and see if you don't feel the burn.  Just remember to switch arms now and then!

3.  Clean the house.  Yeah, I know...not fun.  But you have to do it anyways so you might as well get something out of it.  It actually burns about 200 calories an hour.

4.  Unless your yard is like an acre, mow it with an old-fashioned reel mower.  This is without a doubt an intense workout and you benefit the environment at the same time.  No pollution from a gas mower and no power used for an electric mower...it's all you power.

5.  Rearrange your living room.  You know you've been wanting to..so do it!  You'll reap the benefits of a refreshed room and work those guns moving that furniture.

All free, all ideas you would probably do anyways.  Not everything has to cost money.  Trust me...I'm the Queen of Cheap!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest