Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Last Words

Ever since I lost my best friend to breast cancer, I have made a conscious effort to change how I end each and every conversation.

Whether in a chat box, text, email, or phone conversation...I end each conversation with "I love you".  It doesn't matter if it's friend or family.  It's important that anyone I have a relationship with knows that they are in my heart.

Each conversation and each interaction may be my last.  I'm not being morbid, that's just reality.  I want the last words anyone remembers me saying to be "I love you".  Those are the words I want to be echoing in to whatever void my absence may leave.  Any conversation where I don't say it is a missed opportunity.

So whether it is just for now or whether it will be forever...my last words are now and always will be...I love you.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest