Friday, April 13, 2012

A Rough Day

I didn't post yesterday due to attending a memorial service.  Without a doubt, the worst part of aging is the ever increasing number of deaths, loss of friends, and funerals to attend.

My friend is now a widow while still in her 50's.  That just seems so inherently wrong and it breaks my heart to see her in such pain.  She is alone with a business to run and a joint dream that no longer holds value to her alone.  But there is a home to maintain, animals to care for, and a business that has to be open six days a week in order for her to survive.

What to say?  "I'm sorry", "I love you", and "I'm thinking of you" only go so far.  I wish I knew some magic words that would alleviate her pain and ease her loneliness.  But I don't and I don't think anyone knows those words.  I can only hope that my hug conveyed them.

Treasure your loved ones, our time here is short.

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest