Thursday, May 24, 2012

Me and My FMP's

I love my stilettos.  Even at the advanced, decrepit age of 50...nothing makes me feel more feminine than putting on a pair of high heels.  It's a girl thing.

Yes, I know what wearing high heels does to you.  I don't wear them 12 hours a day every day.  When I do wear them, I'm willing to pay the price of fashion.

What strikes me as funny is that high heels are not the most wanted villain on a podiatrist's list.  Surprised?  They actually aren't the type of shoe that causes the most damage.  Can you guess which shoe is?

The flip flop.  Yep, the common stand by for most people actually causes the most damage to your foot.  I've actually heard a podiatrist say they should NEVER be worn unless you're in a public pool or shower.  Tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and stress fractures are frequently seen results of flip flops.  Because there is no support for the back and sides of your foot, they also lead to sprains and falls.  The flip flop.

So before the smart remarks about the dangers of my high heels, look down.  What's on your feet?

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest