Friday, May 18, 2012

On My List

There are a couple things on my bucket list that I would like to accomplish before too long.  They are nothing fancy, but are things I've always wanted to learn.

I want to learn to spin.  Yes...with a spinning wheel...think Colonial times.  I want to learn to card wool, spin it, and actually create something from the resulting yarn.  Spinning has always fascinated me and the women who still practice it seem to be getting fewer and fewer.  Why did I mention the specific details?  To differentiate between spinning yarn and being one of those people who go to the gym and pedal as hard and as fast as they can to go nowhere.  I'm definitely not one of those!!

I want to learn the art of stained glass.  I want to create beautiful windows and lamps.  I don't aspire to Tiffany quality but I would love to learn the process.  I love to see the old Victorian homes with the beautiful windows. To be able to have the sunrise come through a window I had created would soothe my soul.

Ok...I just took a short break and looked up spinning wheels on ebay.  Wow!!!  I obviously won't be taking up that art form any time soon!!  Who knew they cost so much????  Oh well, maybe I can get a book and read up on it until that someday when I can actually afford one.  Or maybe I need a more affordable dream!

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest