Friday, June 1, 2012

June

June 1st.  How did this happen?  Is it possibly the sixth month of the year already?

This year has been a whirlwind.  I remember being a child and anxiously awaiting June and the end of the school year.  As a middle-aged adult, I want to find some way to slow down the clock as time just seems to slip away.

The truth is...it's not slipping away...I'm racing through it.  As I begin my new life, my to-do list seems to get longer by the moment.  Even as I write this blog, my mind is already racing ahead to what I need to complete next.

Looking down right now, I see Emma napping on the floor at my feet.  I envy her.  But just for a moment as I realize brushing her is one of the duties on my list!!

June.  Wow.  Right here, right now, I vow to take at least one day this month for myself.  No other obligations, no other duties, no other responsibilities.  Ok...I still have to take the dogs out and feed them but that doesn't count!!

Check back with me in July and see if I actually stuck with the plan!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest