Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Added Bonus

As I wrote yesterday, I was in New Orleans for the weekend.  The occasion was a friend's 50th birthday celebration.

It was so good to be able to spend time with one of my friends from back home.  I had missed her terribly.  When I first saw her and hugged her, I also realized how much I missed the hugs and touch of a friend.

It may be a woman thing, but I really don't think so.  I believe every human being needs the touch of someone that cares for them.  I believe it's a basic need just the same as food, water, or air.

Lucky for me, that need was met for me this weekend.  Walking down Bourbon Street arm in arm with one of my best friends did more for my mood than any hurricane could.  Although the weekend was to celebrate her, I also received a gift.

Reach out to those you love today.  Give them a hug, hold their hand, or just rest a hand on their shoulder.  It lets them know that they are loved and what better gift can you give someone?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest