Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brave

Recently a few of my friends have mentioned that they thought I was brave.  Me?  Brave?  I feel so incredibly far from brave!!  Most days I feel filled with fear and trepidation.  I'm still crying on a regular basis and I would describe my average day's feelings as anything but brave.

Dictionary.com defines brave as "possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance".  Someone dear to my heart defined it as "being afraid and doing it anyways".  I think I'm definitely more of the second definition than the first!

When I moved states after the divorce...was I scared?  You bet!!  But I did it anyways because I knew it was the right thing for me and this is where I was supposed to be.  Does my new life scare me?  Sometimes, yes...uncertainty is my constant companion it seems like.  I keep going, though, with faith in my choices.

I guess I do fit that second definition of brave.  I'm still working on the first.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest