Monday, July 2, 2012

The Human Touch

I think one of the worst parts of surviving a divorce is the absence of the human touch.  To go for months without a single soul touching you slowly eats away at your heart and soul.

I believe the human touch is absolutely vital to life.  It acknowledges that you exist, that someone actually cares for you, and that you matter.  To live without that touch on a daily basis makes you feel invisible, unworthy, and desolate.

To be in the same house with someone who never touches you is heartbreaking.  To feel invisible, that you aren't even important enough to be recognized destroys your self esteem and sinks you to a level so low you didn't even know it existed.

I think of all the different aspects of my divorce, this is the hardest one to fight back from.  I refuse to give up hope, though, and I'm trying my best to believe there is a brighter future out there somewhere.  Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.  You know what they say...say it often enough and you may convince yourself.

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest