Monday, August 20, 2012

A Rainy Day

After living for so many years in drought-stricken Texas, I am thoroughly enjoying my rainy day.

There is something about a rainy day that gives tacit approval for so many things.  Any errand that isn't urgent gets put off for another day.  Snuggling up with a good book is allowed because after all...it's too rainy to do anything else!  Chick flicks on the dvd player...why not?  There's nothing good on TV and you might as well indulge.  A hot mug of peppermint tea to sooth you, a beloved pet to snuggle and pet...all make for a perfect rainy day.

Don't forget the chocolate!  If you're going to indulge in a good movie and a good book...you might as well go all the way and top it off with some chocolate!  I'm not talking grocery store chocolate...I'm talking the good stuff you have hidden away.  A rainy day is the perfect time to unearth it and enjoy it.

Do you have more ideas for a rainy day?  Let me know what they are so I will have them at the ready for my next rainy day.

Love,
Jerri

1 comment:

  1. Grilled cheese and tomato soup, hon!! Of course, that doesn't go with chocolate very well but ehhhh!!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest