Monday, August 20, 2012

A Rainy Day

After living for so many years in drought-stricken Texas, I am thoroughly enjoying my rainy day.

There is something about a rainy day that gives tacit approval for so many things.  Any errand that isn't urgent gets put off for another day.  Snuggling up with a good book is allowed because after's too rainy to do anything else!  Chick flicks on the dvd player...why not?  There's nothing good on TV and you might as well indulge.  A hot mug of peppermint tea to sooth you, a beloved pet to snuggle and pet...all make for a perfect rainy day.

Don't forget the chocolate!  If you're going to indulge in a good movie and a good might as well go all the way and top it off with some chocolate!  I'm not talking grocery store chocolate...I'm talking the good stuff you have hidden away.  A rainy day is the perfect time to unearth it and enjoy it.

Do you have more ideas for a rainy day?  Let me know what they are so I will have them at the ready for my next rainy day.


1 comment:

  1. Grilled cheese and tomato soup, hon!! Of course, that doesn't go with chocolate very well but ehhhh!!


There was an error in this gadget


Jerri's Empty Nest