Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shattered

One of the hardest things to move past in a divorce situation is the shattered trust.  This is especially true if the person you loved treats you poorly in the division of property and minutiae which makes up a final decree.

How do you get past that and learn to trust again?  I don't have that answer.  I can tell you that if you are in another relationship, absolute honesty and transparency are not optional.  If there are any indications that someone is not being truthful or faithful, it is impossible to give the benefit of the doubt.

I have seen divorces recently (including my own) where exes thought nothing of lying in court, in the divorce papers, and to the lawyers.  This makes you doubt your own ability to judge people and to identify those who mean you harm.  After all, these were the men you had total love and faith in, that you were planning on spending the rest of your life with, and whom you trusted implicitly.  If you could make such a bad decision before, will you do it again?

I don't have the answers.  I'm going to have to muddle through along with my friends, hoping I don't make another heartbreaking mistake.  Keep your fingers crossed for all of us!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest