Thursday, January 17, 2013

Feeling Good

One of the easiest ways I know to put a smile on my face is to hug one of my dogs.  Studies have shown that petting a dog or cat lowers anxiety and blood pressure.

Pets give you unconditional love.  They are always thrilled to see you walk through the door.  You can leave for an hour and when you return, they greet you like they haven't seen you in a week!

In addition to the benefits from cuddling them, there are also the added physical perks involved in the care of the pet.  They need to be fed, watered, groomed, walked, let outside, etc.  All of this requires us to get off our butts and get moving.  Remember, every step you take counts!

If you don't have a dog or cat, let me beg you to consider a rescue.  There are millions of dogs and cats out there that would be so grateful for a loving home.  I have adopted two of my own and it's one of the best decisions of my life.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest