Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First Day

Friday was my first day of class.  When I woke up that morning, the first thing I heard on the news was that the bridge I needed to take to get to school was closed with no re-opening in the immediate time frame.  Really?  My first day and this gets thrown in the mix?

I scrambled to get ready.  I knew I had to find an alternate route to school, and I wasn't sure how much longer that would take me.  Like I wasn't nervous enough already?  I was a brand new college freshman and now I had to find a new way to get to school?  The universe has a twisted sense of humor.

Leaving the house, I headed on my alternate route.  The gods were smiling on me as there was no traffic to speak of and my route was clear sailing the entire way to school.  I made it to my classroom and dropped in to a seat with a deep sigh of relief.  I'd done it!!  I was at school and on time!

I realize it seems like such a small thing.  But to me, it was a hurdle crossed.  This year is all about jumping those hurdles and moving forward.  One down!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest