Thursday, February 21, 2013

Capacity

I am constantly amazed by a human being's individual capacity.  What do I mean?  Well, a lot of things depending on the individual.

I am amazed by the capacity of a mother dealing with an autistic child and the depth of her love and dedication.

I am amazed by the capacity of a friend to dream; to charge forward in to her future.

I am amazed by the capacity of friends to love, to support, to offer their shoulder to cry on regardless of what they themselves may be dealing with on a daily basis.

I am amazed at the capacity for love a mother feels for her children, truly unconditional.

I am amazed at the capacity for the pain someone can go through and still get up and live every morning.

I am also unfortunately amazed by the capacity for anger and hatred I see in others.  That is more of a sad amazement, as I feel nothing but pity that so much of their time and energy is wasted in such a manner.

I prefer, however, to focus on the things that amaze me and bring me joy, feed my soul, and lift my spirit.  I hope you do the same!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest