Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Missing Books

I miss my books!  Let me be specific.  I have plenty of books to read; they just happen to be college textbooks.  Those aren't the books I mean!

I miss my books I read for pleasure.  Like seriously, dreadfully miss them!  I am so exhausted at night, I don't even have the energy to read.  I miss escaping to other worlds, other times, and other people's lives.

I have a bestseller I've been "reading" now for over a month.  Pre-college days, this same book would have taken me no more than 48 hours.  Someone told me recently that college was what killed their reading for enjoyment.  They became accustomed to reading only for information and just never went back.  I don't want that to happen to me!!

I know that at some point, I'll get in a groove with this college stuff.  I also know my books aren't going anywhere and will be waiting for me when I'm ready.  I just want to be able to do it now!

Ah well...back to the books!  (textbooks, that is!)

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest