Friday, August 22, 2014

Frugal Friday!

Last night I attended a new event and had an absolute blast!! Home Depot runs a workshop once a month called "Do It Herself".  I learned to build my own rolling cart!

The workshops are free, but you do have to pay for your own supplies.  I didn't know that beforehand but I was lucky enough to take home the one we worked on in the class!  I still have to finish it which is why you don't have a picture yet.  I'll update this post when it's done!

I thoroughly enjoyed the instructor, the other women I met, and the project itself.  At times, we had trouble getting work done because we were laughing so hard!  Not always a good thing when you're holding a hammer!

To register for the workshops--just go to homedepot.com.  Click the workshop tab and find the next workshop in your area.  You can search by zipcode.  If you have children, they also run kids' workshops!

I highly recommend it!  Take a girlfriend, plan to stop for a glass of wine afterwards and make an evening of it!

Love,
Jerri

UPDATE!!!!

I said I would post a picture when finished.  I didn't get to it last night due to the fact I had a date (a great one, by the way!) but I did finish it this morning!  Here's the finished product...it might not be pretty, but I did by myself...and it rolls!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest