Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Urge to Nest

As the weather cools, my urge to nest goes into overdrive.

The fall brings out my urge to bake, get out my craft supplies, and basically become a hermit.  I don't know if it is a leftover vestige from my childhood in Wisconsin or just a basic human instinct, but there is something about the cooler temperatures that makes me into even more of a homebody than I normally am.

I have already begun my jewelry making for gifts and there is a batch of brownies planned for this week also.

A true sign of fall in my home is the whistling of the teakettle.  Yes, I'm old school...I still heat my water for tea in a vintage Paul Revere teakettle.  There is something about the ritual of making my tea that is comforting and homey.

What makes it feel like fall for you?  Do you also have a tendency to nest?  Please share!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest