Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Contentment

Contentment is defined as:  "the state of being happy and satisfied".  Notice that happy is a component of contentment.  You can be happy, but that does not necessarily mean that you are also content.

The second component of contentment is listed as satisfied.  Are you satisfied with where you are right now?  Let me clarify a bit.  Remember, this is just my two cents worth!  Just because you are satisfied does not mean that you don't strive for better.  I believe it means that in this moment in time, you are satisfied in life.  To work for better or to improve does not indicate dissatisfaction.  Actually, I believe the lack of such progress equates to stagnation while giving the appearance of satisfaction.

I am satisfied with my life.  That does not, however, mean I sit on my butt in front of the television and do nothing to improve my life.  I am constantly growing and learning.  That in itself adds to my sense of satisfaction.

I am happy.  I am satisfied.  I am content.  Join me!!

Love,
Jerri






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest