Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Cards

One of my goals this past weekend was to get out my Christmas cards. (More on that later in the week!)  Friday, I was chatting with my best friend and mentioned what I had planned.

She then made a statement that surprised me a bit.  She said she was glad that I was coming out of my shell and rejoining the world.  Why did it surprise me?  I honestly hadn't realized just how deep of a hole in which I had hidden.  

A great deal of it was due to fear, and partly still remains so.  I am coming to realize, however, that you cannot live in a constant state of apprehension and fear no matter how justifiable.  If sending out Christmas cards, as trivial as it may seem, is a step back into normalcy, I welcome it.

May this holiday season truly be one of peace.


Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest