Thursday, December 4, 2014

Holiday Travel

We have all heard and seen the holiday travel horror stories.  They are true, they exist.

I want to encourage each of you to travel to your loved ones this season if you can.  Personally, it is not in my budget for the year but I can guarantee you that I would be on the first plane if I could.  I have learned this year just how precious friends and family are and how, as Aerosmith says, "I don't want to miss a thing."

If you can, fly, drive, ride a train.  Put yourself in hugging range of someone near and dear to your heart but far from your front door.  While Facebook and other such social media gives the illusion of closeness; you don't truly know what it going on behind someone's front door until you walk through it.  Give that someone the gift of your love, attention, and time.

Time to map that route, book that ticket, and make those reservations!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest