Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Self Talk

One of the largest issues that I have observed getting in my way is my negative self talk.  Frequently, it spills over to others.

This past weekend, I was window shopping with my sweet gentleman.  Not until after I got home that evening, did I realize how often I had told him I couldn't wear something due to my age, build, etc., etc.  What was I doing to myself?

First, I should have been incredibly flattered by the way he saw me and what he thought I could pull off.  Deep down, I actually am!  That age old adage of when someone pays you a compliment, just say thank you?  Yeah, I need to work on that one.

It is not easy to reconcile who I see with who others see.  The first step has to be that I discontinue putting myself down.  I am sure there is a list of people out there who will be more than happy to do so for me...I will no longer be one of them!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest