Monday, April 13, 2015

A Comedy of Errors

I had such high hopes for this past weekend.  I had my to-do list ready to go.  Spring breakers are in town so I knew I would be on lock-down all weekend as it would be impossible to get anywhere!  In addition, rain was forecast for the whole weekend so that guaranteed I would have to stay in the house and behave.

Then the leak happened.  Just a small drip in the bathroom.  Nothing to worry about, right? Well...when I got home from work Friday night, the drip was now a large drip.  The landlord was going to be there first thing Saturday morning to repair it.  When I awoke Saturday morning, the drip was now a large hiss.  And I was quickly running out of towels!!

I live in WWII era home.  That means there was no water shut-off valve at the sink.  So I sat without water Saturday morning while the sink was repaired.  That translates to not only extra loads of laundry from all the towels; but now hours delay in getting the laundry and dishes started.

Sigh.  There is nothing I love more than having to rearrange everything to accomodate an unforeseen circumstance (sarcasm).  Needless to say, I spent the remainder of Saturday hauling butt to catch up! How do you deal with those unexpected bumps in the road?

Let me know your tips and tricks!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest