Friday, April 10, 2015

Frugal Repurposing

Earlier this week, I posted about the tile tray that now graces my coffee table.  Unique, one-of-a-kind items do not always equate to expensive.  Repurposing an existing item into something new can be both a frugal and personal way to enrich your home and life.

The tray, as I posted, was found at the back of a shelf at Goodwill.  It was obtained for $7.99.  You might consider that a bit much for Goodwill, but this is made with painted ceramic tile.  The door pulls I added for handles were found at the hardware store for $2.97 each.  Not bad at all.

For less than $15.00, I have a beautiful, unique item in my home.  Plus, I have the satisfaction of an item that I repurposed, using a bit of my own creativity.

Look at items not only for what they are, but what they can be.  It may not take any more than a coat of paint, or new handles, to make a so-so item something fabulous!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest