Friday, April 24, 2015

Showing Appreciation

On Wednesday, we not only celebrated Earth Day, we also celebrated Administrative Professionals Day.  As I work in a law firm, I wanted to show my appreciation for my fellow paralegals.  As I still have student loans to pay off...I had to get creative!  


What I came up with is this candy boquet.  Not a lot of money, but a bit of effort and some serious time and I had boquets ready for all!

To make the boquet, it took a quick trip to Walmart and the dollar store.  I am lucky in that my neighborhood has both right around the corner from each other.  The gold ribbon was found at Walmart on sale for $4.00 for the entire spool.  The snack-sized candy was available for $1.96 for a twelve-pack.

Then I headed to the dollar store.  That is where I picked up the vases, marbles, pencils, and flowers. I use pencils rather than dowels to make the candy flowers so that when the candy is gone, you still have something you can use.  Of course, the vase and marbles can be re-used again and again for fresh flowers.  And the silk flowers?  They make perfect toppings for other presents!

The candy pretty much speaks for itself.  Who doesn't love some chocolate?

Put your imagination to work.  There is no limit to what you can (frugally) create!

Love,
Jerri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest