Friday, October 2, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 27

Day 27:  Discuss a problem you have or had in the past.

Well, this one doesn't offer much guidance.  I believe I will just pick one out of a hat and go for it!

I would say my biggest ongoing problem is dealing with my ADHD.  Even at age 53, focus is still a struggle and I am easily distracted.

Within that, housekeeping is hell.  I will pick up an item in one room, go to put it away in another room, and find myself in the second room an hour later; having been completely distracted from what I was originally attempting to accomplish!  I have created work-arounds, such as setting a timer, giving myself rewards, etc. but it is still a struggle.

Also, my youngest son taught me how to use sticky notes on my additional monitor.  That enables me to check off tasks as I complete them in addition to giving me the option of adding tasks I would otherwise forget.  There is a definite sense of satisfaction when I delete one of those notes!

Do you have an issue you struggle with on a daily basis?  What are your tricks and hints?

Love,
Jerri


2 comments:

  1. I can certainly relate to the issue, but can only stand in awe of your dealing with it. Maybe there is hope after all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a daily struggle! Like right now...when I'm supposed to be sorting clothes....

      Delete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest