Thursday, February 23, 2017

Reducing Demands

Every weekday, I wake up and do my daily moneymakers.  Around two in the afternoon, I begin my day job, working until almost 11:30 p.m. most nights.  In addition, this blog is published five days a week and I have other writing projects in the works.  In essence, I not only work a full-time job, but have numerous part-time endeavors being juggled at the same time.

These are not what I consider demands.  Those activities are the ones that actually bring income into my home.  They are necessities, period.  What do I consider demands?  I consider outside demands on my time and attention.  How do these demands keep occurring?  Because I lack the gene that lets me say "No."

Over time, I have become a resource to many of my friends.  I am turned to for my knowledge and my research abilities.  Unfortunately, this also means that requests for help come to me without any regard to the fact that I am probably working, trying to meet a deadline, or just plain running my butt off!  

My goal?  To learn to say "No" or "I'm not available today."  In short, to reduce demands by setting boundaries.

How about you?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest