Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Waiting Game

I've earned my degree.  I've already had a couple of job interviews.  Now the waiting game begins.

Interviews are terrifying.  Period.  Hands are sweaty, nerves are shot.  I think they are even worse when you're older and realize that those few minutes can have such a profound effect on your life.  The interviews went well as far as I can tell...but the waiting game begins.

Remember when our parents and grandparents worked at one job in one place for 20-30 years and then retired?  What ever happened to that?  Granted, I've made a total career change but perhaps the old days and old ways weren't so bad.

Well, the phone hasn't made a peep yet.  Needless to say, I'm carrying it wherever I go!  Wish me luck!!

Oh, and if you need me, I'll be right here.  Waiting.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest