Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rivers of Love

Today's post is a guest post from Patty G.  Other than editing and spelling corrections, all words are her own.  I hope you enjoy it!  Love, Jerri




Rules of deployment when your loved one leaves.  There are no written rules.  

No one tells you what you will feel.  The emotions you will go through.  The emotions your Soldier will shut down while he is away.

It hurts like hell.

How long did I wait to let the tears flow?

A smell, a sound, a song can trigger an emotion.  For me, it was Christmas shopping when I thought I smelled my man's cologne.  It triggered happy memories of being with him.  For a moment, my world was right.  

All of a sudden, the tears came and they would not stop.  I had to stop my Christmas shopping and go home.  I finally let the tears flow.  They came in wave after wave.  

Despite my best attempts of disciplining my emotions, my heart won!  We do not choose who we fall in love with, our heart does!

Deployment can make or break a relationship.  A good man is worth waiting for!  If you still love him without the luxury of being by his side, your love is REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest