Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Real Woman

Yesterday, I gave a list of what I believed does and does not make up a "real man."  Today, I would like to share the story of a "real woman."  I am proud to say I know this woman.

Last week, my co-worker left for lunch.  As she waited in her truck for her lunch companion, she witnessed a boyfriend yelling at his girlfriend as they both pushed small children in strollers.  To her shock, she then witnessed him slap her.

I personally don't recommend her next action though to be honest, I would do the very same thing.  She jumped out of her truck and confronted the abuser.  She told him she had seen what he had done and was calling the police.  The girlfriend begged her not to trying to convince her it was no big deal.  My friend did the right thing and called the police.

When they arrived, she gave her statement.  The police then went to find the couple who had proceeded down the street.  Luckily, we live in a state where the cooperation of the victim is not needed to file domestic violence charges.  Hopefully, this will be the wake-up call that this girlfriend needs.

I am so incredibly proud of my friend.  She is a true example of a "real woman."

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest