Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oldie but Goodie

Making lunch today, I had a thought.  There are things from our childhood that retain their appeal no matter how many years have passed.

For me today, it was Campbell's soup.  To me, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches will always be one of my favorite comfort foods.  It brings back childhood memories, warms both the body and soul, and is a quick, easy fix for what ails you.

Even better is having a book next to me while I eat.  Granted, this is best if you're alone...people tend to get a bit offended if your nose is in a book at a shared dinner table!  As the weather cools, I'm looking forward to more of these meals and treats like peppermint tea.

It's almost snuggle weather...what are you looking forward to doing?

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest