Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Being Creative

One of the added bonuses to my mindful journey, besides the reduction of just stuff, is the time I have freed every weekend to spend being creative.

Whether a quick jewelry kit picked up off the clearance rack (of course!) or something I saw posted on Facebook, being able to create, even if only for a few minutes does wonders for my soul.  Having my jewelry tools in hand, or getting out my power drill, makes me feel not only productive, but proud.

Whatever you decide to create, it doesn't have to be expensive.  The planter pictured below was made from a $2 colander and 80 cent spoons.  The wine charms?  Free beads I had received and small hoop earrings purchased for $2 a pack at Walmart.  The bracelets? Another $2 score off the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby!  Pretty amazing what $2 and a bit of time can accomplish.

Get creative.  Head over to your local craft store and see what speaks to you.  If a larger hobby, buy your equipment over a few weeks so you don't kill the budget.  Do what makes you happy.  If you start to run out of room for your creations, spread the joy and give them as gifts.  Everyone loves to receive a gift that they know was made with love.



Remember, it doesn't always take a lot of money to create something beautiful.  All it really takes is you.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest