Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Thank You

First off, I would like to thank all of you for sticking with me while I took some much-needed time off.  

During my time off, I lost a beloved friend to multiple myeloma.  I hate f...ing cancer!!!  This woman was a beam of light, love, and joy.  Fortunately, she was aware her time was approaching.  Through Facebook, we were all able to say our goodbyes and express our love.  She leaves a hole that will never be filled.

In this time of conflict, particularly with the elections approaching, it is important to not only remember Roberta's example but carry it forward.  As I have written numerous times before, always be kind.  We do not know what goes on behind anyone's closed door.  Be kind.  People, even close friends and family, are dealing with trials and tribulations of which we know nothing.  By being kind, by showing love, by being compassionate...we can provide support to those who need it without even being aware we are doing so.

Be kind.  Be loving.  Be compassionate.

Roberta will always be carried in my heart.

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest