Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Behind The Scenes

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a representative from Mutual of Omaha.  She had seen my blog and thought I would be a good fit for their "My Aha Moment" campaign.  I was thrilled to be asked to participate, and terrified at the same time!!

Heading down to the Mutual of Omaha trailer, my hands were shaking.  I'm not the bravest person in the world and the thought of speaking on camera scared me to death!  But I pulled up my big girl panties and went for it!!


Pulling up, this was the sign that greeted me.  The sweetest young gentleman greeted me and filled out my paperwork.  Leading me to the trailer, he handed me off to a darling young girl.



Leading me in to the trailer, she took me to the back.  In the pictures above, it is the far left side of the trailer.  There was the actual room where we would be doing the filming.  Luckily, I didn't have to speak off the top of my head.  She stood next to the camera and asked me questions which I then answered.  I was praying the entire time that I wasn't stuttering or that my nervous shaking wouldn't show up on film!!  


During filming, the fan and the air conditioner had to be turned off in the trailer so as not to interfere with the filming.  Before I had left for the shoot, a dear friend "S" had come over and done my makeup and hair.  I looked pretty good!!  Well, it was a 90 degree day outside and I was now enclosed in a small room in a metal trailer.  I swear the temperature hit 130 degrees by the time we were done!!  Luckily, as soon as the filming finished, my guide rushed to turn the air and fans back on.  Whew!  I was melting!!  A few headshots were taken and I was done!!


This was one of the scariest things I've ever done.  But then, that was kind of the point of my AHA Moment!!  I'm glad I did it now!!  

So without further ado...here is my aha! moment...I hope you enjoy it!!  Let me know what you think!!


Love,
Jerri






2 comments:

  1. I loved your Aha moment... and the message rang true for all of us... it is never too late to start over. What resonated with me and inspired me was your courage. Seeing your courage helped me to find my own courage. Thank you, Jerrilyn!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest