Monday, June 24, 2013

Just A Thought

The news has been full the last few weeks with tracking Edward Snowden's every move.  I do have a thought on the matter.

My thought does not involve what he did or why he did it.  It also does not involve the NSA; what they did or why they did it.  It involves something else entirely.

My thought on the matter concerns Mr. Snowden's assertion that he is an American patriot.  Not the fact that he made that statement; but how and where the statement was made.

Before I get into that, here's a brief history refresher.  On July 1, 1997; Great Britain's lease of Hong Kong expired and Hong Kong was returned to the People's Republic of China.

Now...on to my thought.  Edward Snowden loudly proclaimed that he took the actions he did because he is an American patriot.  If that truly is the case, why did he run to a communist country?  Why was his declaration of patriotism made while standing on foreign, communist soil?

Edward Snowden has now left the People's Republic of China for the equally anti-American soil of the Russian Federation.  It is rumored that from there, he will flee to Ecuador via Cuba.  Does anyone besides myself see a pattern here?

I personally do not believe a true American patriot would run to those nations to proclaim his patriotism.  That is my personal thought on the matter.

So to Mr. Snowden...in the words of the unknown poet..."These colors don't run!"

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest