Thursday, December 8, 2016

Sanctuary

After a couple of years of really hard work, I had repaired my credit and was blessed to purchase the first home on my own.  Thankfully, I had the advantage of a VA loan to enable me to be able to do so without having the additional burden of saving for a substantial down payment.

I have named my new home "Sanctuary."  I want my home to be a place where you are loved, regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference.  There is no judgment here. The same extends to this blog.

This blog is also a safe place.  In the past, I have featured guest posters on widowhood, addressed the aftermath of rape, and supported survivors of domestic abuse.  This is a safe place.  Those posts reached people, including one who drew the strength to leave her abuser.  Racism, bigotry, and hate have no place here any more than they do in my home.

My wish for you this holiday season is that all find their sanctuary, their safe place, their peace.  Only a few words, but those few words mean everything.

Love, 
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest